Posted By melinagreene on November 4, 2016
Please remember to set your pocket watches back an hour on Saturday night so you don’t miss the ride!
We’ll see you at Dolores Park at 11:00AM on Sunday! Any last-minute updates will be published on our Facebook page.
Posted By melinagreene on November 1, 2016
Hey Tweedies! Only a couple days until the big event! We have updated the meeting place to Dolores Park – nearby 16th and 24th St. Bart . Couple things…
1) We will gather on the lower level near the tennis courts. The weather is looking cool and cloudy- perfect for Tweed!
2) Bring water, a picnic and sturdy bike! The final stop will serve food and drink if you prefer not to bring your own food.
3) Please check your bike thoroughly before the big day as we are an unsupported ride. There will likely be folks who have tools in case of break-downs but we encourage self-reliance!
4) We will ask you to sign a waiver to receive your memento. We are all volunteers. Sf Tweed is not an official entity and we do not carry insurance. We do our best to make our rides as safe as possible but ultimately you are responsible for your own safety. As long as you stay with the group and follow the instructions of the leaders, all should be fine!
5) Because SF Tweed is held in San Francisco (no, really?) tackling hills is almost unavoidable. Our route has some slow and steady climbing in the beginning, some steep downhills and one more block of climbing toward the end. Most of the route is flat.
Looking forward to seeing you!!
Posted By melinagreene on October 24, 2016
SF Tweed has some exciting news! Dark Garden Corsetry, The Roxie Theater and 20th Century Cafe will be sponsoring our ride along with Huckleberry bikes and Relic Vintage! Don’t forget to check out our styling party at Relic Vintage on Thursday Oct 27 from 5-8pm and get 20% off!
Posted By melinagreene on October 14, 2016
SF Tweed is excited to announce that Relic Vintage on Haight St. will be hosting an SF Tweed Ride styling party on Thursday October 27, 2016 from 5-8 PM. Join us for an evening of fun, fashion and refreshments!
Posted By melinagreene on September 26, 2016
SF Tweed is proud to announce that Huckleberry Bikes will sponsor the upcoming ride on November 6! We are working with them to make this ride extra fantastic! http://www.huckleberrybicycles.com/
SF Tweed is all volunteer-run and we free to everyone who wants to attend! Unfortunately, putting on an event like this does not come without expenses and most of these we can cover out-of-pocket. This year has brought some unexpected financial challenges and many of you expressed a desire to contribute to the cause. We launched an indiegogo campaign to make it easy for anyone who wishes, to donate. If you can’t contribute, don’t fret…the ride will continue as scheduled and will still be free to attend! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/2016-sf-tweed-ride-fashion/x/1818242#/
Posted By melinagreene on September 2, 2016
Join us November 6, 2016 for the annual SF Tweed Ride! Location and more information to follow. Check here or our Facebook page for updates!
Posted By melinagreene on April 21, 2016
On Sunday April 17, 2016 SF Tweed made the trek to Portland to meet and greet (and ride bikes with!) our fellow Tweedsters! Needless to say, a fantastic time was had by all! We met in Chapman square and took a leisurely but warm (82 degrees!) ride through downtown, over bridges and various neighborhoods. We made a brief stop for tea and ended the day at Old Portland Hardware and Architectural. It was great to meet new friends and connect with our Tweed community! Congrats to the organizers and thanks for all your hard work!
Please visit our Facebook page to see all the pictures of the event – https://www.facebook.com/SF-Tweed-106656826032964/
Posted By melinagreene on April 6, 2016
April 17th, 2 pm Chapman Square
Emperor Norton’s Ride
TransAmerica Pyramid 10:30am
Chico Seersucker Ride
Chico Downtown Plaza 10am
Posted By melinagreene on April 6, 2016
2016 Sacramento Tweed Ride
San Francisco-ites traveled via Amtrak to join in the fun with Sacramento Tweed. The ride was delightfully flat and well attended, with the vintage bicycles being an amazing feature of this lovely group.
2015 Chico Tweed Ride
Chico Tweed is held annually on the same day as the Chico’s Christmas Preview, which means both a wonderful turnout and a reason to stay late! The attendance was an impressive 500 tweed riders, with a wedding and a proposal, plenty of family cyclists and a 5 mile ride along the Chico’s Lower Park, ending with a picnic spot with jolly company. Revelers can continue on to the Sierra Nevada’s Brewery.