Posted By melinagreene on November 1, 2016
Hey Tweedies! Only a couple days until the big event! We have updated the meeting place to Dolores Park – nearby 16th and 24th St. Bart . Couple things…
1) We will gather on the lower level near the tennis courts. The weather is looking cool and cloudy- perfect for Tweed!
2) Bring water, a picnic and sturdy bike! The final stop will serve food and drink if you prefer not to bring your own food.
3) Please check your bike thoroughly before the big day as we are an unsupported ride. There will likely be folks who have tools in case of break-downs but we encourage self-reliance!
4) We will ask you to sign a waiver to receive your memento. We are all volunteers. Sf Tweed is not an official entity and we do not carry insurance. We do our best to make our rides as safe as possible but ultimately you are responsible for your own safety. As long as you stay with the group and follow the instructions of the leaders, all should be fine!
5) Because SF Tweed is held in San Francisco (no, really?) tackling hills is almost unavoidable. Our route has some slow and steady climbing in the beginning, some steep downhills and one more block of climbing toward the end. Most of the route is flat.
Looking forward to seeing you!!